Water is essential for life. Yet more than 1.1 billion people have no access to clean water. For some countries the problem is scarcity of water, whilst in others it is the quality of water.
Inadequate water, sanitation and hygiene not only cause sickness and death, as shortages in water can lead to harvest failures and even famine.
These factors combine together to contribute to the continuing cycle of poverty and disease in developing countries.
Islamic Relief's water and sanitation projects include:
- Digging and restoring wells,
- Building water supply systems in deprived areas,
- Implementing water purification projects,
- Undertaking integrated sanitation programmes,
- Community mobilisation and awareness programmes
How can you contribute?
You can assist by selecting any of the levels of contribution listed below, or you can donate any amount to this project:
Level 1: R50 – R50 000
Level 2: R50 000 – R100 000
Level 3: R100 000 – R200 000
Level 4: R200 000 and above